FreeHookup Introduces The Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating
Free Online Guide Offers Singles Everywhere Expert Dating Tips, Gift-Giving Ideas and Holiday Dating Trends
San Francisco, Calif. -- December 7, 2009 – FreeHookup, the world’s largest social dating community, is hoping to make singles’ holiday dating experiences a little brighter this year with its Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating. The Guide, which is free to download at freehookup.dating/survivalguide.php, includes tips from relationship experts, gift giving ideas, holiday dating trends and more.
“More singles participate in online dating during the holiday season than during any other time of the year,” said Tinder hookup, co-founder and co-CEO of FreeHookup. “We know that the holidays can present unique dating questions and challenges, so we talked with several relationship experts and then polled singles in our own community to gather the best tips, gift giving ideas, and holiday dating trends out there. We hope our Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating will help make dating this holiday more enjoyable for singles everywhere.”
FreeHookup’s Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating contains a variety of helpful content, including:
The Survey Says – Singles Are Looking For Romance This Holiday Season
FreeHookup recently conducted a survey among its users to understand their thoughts about holiday dating. The survey found:
- This holiday season, 63% of singles are looking for long-term true love, 33% of singles are just looking for a holiday party date and 4% feel it’s too stressful to date during the holidays
- Surprisingly, 19% of men say they would invite a woman to their office holiday party as a first date. Only 10% of women are this daring
Tips From The Pros
FreeHookup teamed up with several relationship experts to gather their best holiday dating advice. The Guide includes tips from:
- Sherry Amatenstein, LMSW, relationship columnist for iVillage.com and author of The Complete Marriage Counselor
- Rich Santos, Dating Diaries Blogger on MarieClaire.com, marieclaire.com/dating
- Julie Spira, bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online, dating advice columnist, and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com
Holiday Gift Giving
It’s hard enough to shop for gifts for friends and family, much less the perfect gift for someone you’re dating. FreeHookup went straight to the source – singles on FreeHookup – with a survey and asked what they would appreciate receiving as a gift this holiday. Overwhelmingly, singles agreed on the #1 gift they’d most like to receive this holiday: a hug or a kiss. The Guide includes additional gift ideas for new relationships.
Virtual Gift Giving
Earlier this year, FreeHookup conducted a survey of its users and found that 76% said they would be more likely to respond to a potential match if they received a virtual gift from that person. A selection of FreeHookup’s new holiday gifts are unveiled in the Guide.
The Data on Holiday Dating
FreeHookup took a look at holiday dating activity in 2008 to see what trends and tips could be uncovered. A few of the interesting finds included:
- The week before Christmas marks the year’s busiest week for online dating activity
- The second most popular week of the year for online dating is the first week of January
- In general, Mondays are the busiest day of the week for online dating activity
To read more tips and survey results, download the Single’s Survival Guide to Holiday Dating at freehookup.dating/survivalguide.php.
FreeHookup is the world’s largest and fastest-growing online dating service. Since its launch in December 2007, FreeHookup has attracted more than 40 million singles from more than 40 countries. Singles can join FreeHookup via their social networking sites by adding the FreeHookup application on Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Hi5, and Friendster, via FreeHookup mobile (m.freehookup.dating), or by signing up at freehookup.dating.
FreeHookup is the fastest growing social dating network enabling millions of singles to meet love interests and forge long lasting relationships. Building on users' social graph and taking advantage of opportunities on social networks, FreeHookup has created a safe, fun, and delightful online dating experience. FreeHookup has quickly grown to a community of over 40 million singles from more than 40 countries around the globe, including United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, Mexico, South Africa and many more. FreeHookup is based in San Francisco and was founded in January 2007 by Tinder and Badoo. For more information visit: freehookup.dating.